What is a restaurant stock management software?
Stock is the backbone of any business, and when it comes to a restaurant handling inventory can be quite challenging. Courtesy- Tonnes of perishable goods and the wide variety it uses to prepare food beverages. Restaurant inventory management software can serve as the right hand of the restaurant owners.
From tracking stock levels of different ingredients to managing food costs of menu items and vendor management, a restaurant management system can do it all. Yet, they are user-friendly.
Since most of the restaurant management software is cloud-based these days, restaurant owners can access them from multi-location via mobile app.
Why should you use a restaurant stock management software?
In one line we would say Simply because it can halve down your workload. Let's see how-
1. Inventory track- In a business like a restaurant industry, that uses a variety of ingredients, it becomes difficult to manually keep track of the raw material. Restaurant inventory software tracks stock levels in real-time and show stock count at the beginning and end of the day. This helps restaurant owners and managers to know if they are short on any ingredient used in the menu item so that timely purchase orders can be placed. Similarly, it acts as an alert for the chefs to use inventory judiciously till the new stock arrives.
2. Reduce food waste- Real-time inventory tracking informs restaurant owners of the updated stock levels. This way they know how much stock of what product is in there and what is falling short. As a result, the restaurant managers can place better purchase orders, reducing wastage.
3. Cost Saving- Food costs can directly impact your pricing. Lesser the waste, reasonable prices of menu items can be set. The inventory management system can aid your bottom line.
4. Integration- Integrate your software with the other to see the magic. Integration doubles the efficiency of the software. For instance, when the inventory system is integrated with accounting software, it automatically updates the stock levels in the accounts. This saves a lot of time during taxation.
5. Multi locations- In the case of a quick-service restaurant, which usually has multiple outlets across the city or state, a centralized restaurant inventory software can keep track of stock requirements and stock consumption of each outlet. It can even generate purchase orders for every single outlet. These features help in in-depth financial reporting.
6. Sales and purchase software leads to efficient order management and vendor management.
Managing inventory can be a hassle.
You need to keep track of your inventory, but it’s hard to know what you need and what you don’t.
The top five best restaurant stock management software solutions?
To manage restaurant is not an easy task. Apart from several helping hands, it requires smart technical support too. Following are the top five best restaurant management systems that can make restaurant owners' lives easier-