OpenTable is a cloud-based restaurant management software program that facilitates restaurant managers to accept online reservations, optimize seating space and provide a hassle-free experience to the customers. It is a user-friendly and suitable management system for restaurants of all sizes, however, it is usually preferred by big restaurant owners for their restaurant management.
There are two modules available for OpenTable restaurant software POS systems
1. Connect module
- It records online reservations for the restaurants
- It can be configured for customer support to provide information about offers and promotions to the guests
- It sends automatic email and text notifications to guests after online reservation
- It provides personalized information about guest's preferences to restaurant managers
2. Guest Center module
- It facilitates restaurant owners to replicate floor plans on their mobile devices
- It offers add-on facilities to manage gifts, payments, private dining and loyalty programs
- It facilitates customers easy use of restaurant management software to receive and send gift cards
- It allows customers to make online payments
Starting price- $39.00 per month
Free trial- Available
Free version- Available
4.7/5 (848 reviews)
Yelp is a reservation management software developed to help businesses manage online and onsite reservations. It also creates waiting lists to help customers. Yelp is a restaurant management system which also enables restaurant owners to store personalized information and preferences of the customers.
- For restaurateurs, Yelp allows to run marketing campaigns, store feedbacks and configure workflows
- Customers can search for information about restaurants and write reviews in real-time
- Yelp's table management system can assign seating times to customers and send status updates
- It also facilitates integration with third-party POS and food online ordering platforms
- Yelp software features include providing insight into performance of campaigns, measure the impact and identify sales opportunities
Starting from- $249.00/month
Pricing model- Subscription
4.75/5 (8 reviews)
Managing your restaurant is a lot of work.
You know you need to keep track of inventory, but how do you keep it all straight?
QSR or quick-service restaurants can be classified as food joints catering to fast food over a limited menu item. Their USP is offering food that can be cooked in minimum time with a minimum possible variation. The use of back-office technology works as one of the most important pillars along with preparation methodology and management systems for QSRs.
There are basically three types of QSRs
1. Self-service restaurant- Customers order their food and collect it on their own from the POS system counter.
2. Assisted self-service restaurant- These are food joints where either order is collected or food is delivered to the table of the customer.
3. Full serviced restaurants- Food joints where orders are placed and food delivered at the table of the customer.
QSR Menu Maker
Fine dining restaurant or full-service snack and meal or QSR, the menu is the face of the restaurant. Menu creates the first impression of the restaurant among its customers followed by the preparation methodology and food cost. Occasional add-ons in the menu not only give customers additional choice but also keeps them engaged. Considering this fact, menu-making becomes even more important for the QSRs.
There are many free software restaurants use online for menu making of the QSRs. From Canva to Adobe and Pinterest, all of them are offering free menu-making software for the QSRs. There are several benefits of creating the menu board online. These are-
- The content, creativity and its design are in your hands for the menu
- Digital signage menu boards are best for all QSRs at restaurant POS locations
- Irrespective of the size of restaurant, menu board can be created with minimum cost
- A menu board also serves as advertisement space. Therefore, these softwares give you complete liberty to use your marketing message or caption
- Multiple menu boards for multiple screens can be created for food beverage
- You can update your menu anytime within no time at all
The benefits of using restaurant softwares
Active management systems are the secret to success of any restaurant. From monitoring employee performance to offering high-quality customer service and keeping track of restaurant inventory, all these factors through restaurant POS systems play a vital role in success of your restaurant. However, it is a daunting task to keep track of all these factors on your own in restaurant industry. Also tracking sales and inventory and establishing a protocol for ringing up customers is challenging in restaurant business.
That's where role of a restaurant software or restaurant POS system comes into play.
There are various such restaurant POS systems available in the market. They can be cloud-based or hybrid, based on the requirement of the business. A good restaurant software can monitor and control most functions of your business from front house or back house. This can be done in-house or remotely through mobile app as well.
That's why it is crucial to invest in a restaurant POS systems software to provide you and your business the necessary technical support for smooth functioning of the daily operations through POS systems.
Here are the top 5 restaurant softwares based on different ratings worldwide-
- Toast POS
- Oracle Hospitality
Management SoftwareInventory Management
How using restaurant software can help your business
Here are a few ways how POS software can run your restaurant-
Error-free business reports- A detailed periodic report for assessment of business performance is essential. A restaurant POS software can generate these reports in a fast and easy manner. POS systems also help in storing a huge amount of information.
Lesser wait time- A restaurant can have different counters for different food and drinks. Customers may order from different counters at a time which demands synchronization. The software helps integrate these tasks through faster order processing, payment processing, and better table management. It reduces the wait time for customers as well.
Better customer relationship- Better customer experience and enhanced customer satisfaction is another feature of using restaurant software. These management systems also allow changing the menu in no time, giving more payment options like credit cards to customers thereby reducing wait time.
The software gives more storage of customer data, monitors and redeems loyalty points, the addition of discounts on bills. All these factors play a vital role in small businesses.
Inventory tracking- A restaurant can gain more profit by reducing wastage and shrinking items. Restaurant software allows you to track inventory and have just enough items stocked through inventory management software.
Automated analysis- Automated report generation can provide an error-free analysis of the performance of marketing schemes. It helps restaurants to make effective future strategies to improve relations with the customers.
Data security- Restaurant software provides advanced security from data breaches. It also allows you to create restricted access for concerned departments.
Cloud-based functioning- A cloud-based accounting software is the best POS as it gives you the freedom to manage your restaurant remotely. It also allows you to have similar offers and staff management at different point sale centers.
Managing a restaurant can be difficult.
There are so many moving pieces to keep track of, from food to inventory to staff.