What is restaurant payroll software ?
When it comes to running a restaurant, keeping track of payroll can be a hassle. From tracking time and attendance to doing payroll checks, payroll can seem like a never-ending task. Fortunately, with the right payroll software, you can streamline your payroll process and make tax time less stressful. Redish is a leading provider of restaurant payroll software and associated payroll services. We partner with thousands of business owners and payroll professionals each year to help them manage their payroll, taxes and timekeeping. To help you understand what restaurant payroll software is and its benefits, you will read this article from start to finish.
Why You Should Start Using Restaurant Payroll Software
When to use Restaurant Payroll Software
Payroll management can be a nightmare for restaurant owners. Service payroll, time tracking, employee benefits, tip credit, time attendance, and overtime payments throughout multiple locations can be daunting task and time consuming. However, there is best restaurant payroll software to provide payroll solution for small businesses. Thankfully, some of them also offer free trial and ensure that payment per employee per month is paid accurately and on time.
If you plan to use a restaurant payroll software, there are few points to consider for restaurant owners.
- How often you will make payroll for your small business
- What's the pay period for your employees
- Monthly payroll saves money but only for big restaurant owners
- Ascertain if you want to handle payroll in-house or outsource
Best Practices for Using Restaurant Payroll Software
Implementing a right payroll management plan for your small business starts with taking right steps. These steps may evolve with changing needs of your small business like changing tax laws. Here are the list of best payroll practices for using restaurant payroll software.
- Keep track of deadlines- If the date of submission is missed, timely collection of your employees' payroll documentation is of no need. So the restaurant payroll software must keep track of the important dates for filing taxes. Non-compliance to these deadlines may invite heavy fines on your small business.
- Create written policies- Creating a HR payroll handbook is the ideal way to set company's standards, values and ethical guidelines. This handbook may define your payroll procedure as well.
- Keep complete records- Keep a complete record of your own business records and taxes. Electronic payroll storage solution may help you in keeping these records. You need to check with the local authority about the time period of record to be preserved.
- Improve time and attendance- Time and attendance play a major role in payroll calculations, so the restaurant payroll software must record employees' time and attendance carefully.
- Classify employees correctly- Properly classify your employees for the payroll procedure. Misclassifying your salaried employees may lead to tax defaults inviting fines.
- Upgrade payment method- Direct deposit has made its way to most of the business' payroll systems. This self service mode eliminates tons of manual paper work which is time consuming and error-prone as well.
- Cloud security- Strong cloud based security reduces risk of data leak. Advanced cloud based software are easy use and can be accessed through mobile app as well.
Restaurant PayrollEmployee TimeAccounting Accounting
Payroll can be complicated.
You need to spend a lot of time calculating the wages and benefits for your staff, and then do it again every month or two when you change staff members or their salaries.
Why Should You Use Restaurant Payroll Software?
Restaurant payroll software is an efficient tool for payroll management. There are sevaral benefits associated with using restaurant payroll software.
- Savings- Payroll management with software is less expensive than hiring a payroll service
- Integration- Restaurant payroll software integrates with other accounting software and generates simplified reports
- Easy access- Employees can easily access their records and update personal information
- Follow regulations- Local, provincial and national laws and changes in them can be followed through software
- Curb on fraud practices- Some third party tax agencies can be involved in fund embezzlement which can be curbed
- Access difficulties- Access to inaccurate records for rectification will get much easier
- Payroll person accessibility- A person available to handle payroll software will be available for employees to make changes if required
Strengthens Employee Relations
Restaurant payroll software integrates payroll management with several other features. These strengthens employee relations with the restaurant due to adequate payroll service at the point of sale. With these software you can-
- Generate reports, access records and utilize payroll information
- Manage time tracking, export payroll data
- Error-free registering of time attendance, labor cost, payroll tax, employee benefits, and minimum wage etc.
- Creates accurate pay checks, pay period, and tip credit for employees
- Generate reports, access records and utilize employee benefits
- Accurate record of employee benefits data and payroll taxes
- Accurate and timely payment of minimum wage per employee per month
Maximizes New Customer Acquisitions
Maximizing customer acquisitions mean accurate calculation of the total expenditure for small businesses to acquire one new customer. This cost is called Customer Acquisition Cost, CAC. Its calculation is based on the accurate total of the spending on sales and marketing including employee salary and cost of advertising.
Manual calculation of these costs are error-prone and bound to generate faulty reports with time consumption. This is where restaurant payroll software helps your small business in accurate calculation of the CAC. Thankfully most of them offer free demo.
Running a restaurant is hard enough, but making sure that you’re paying your employees correctly and on time can be a hassle.
Managing payroll for your restaurant can be difficult, but with the right software, it can be easier.
Helps With Tax Compliance
Tax compliance is the process of withholding taxes from employee's pay checks and paying it to government. Income tax, social security tax, Medicare tax and other local, federal and state payroll taxes are withheld from employee pay checks. Employers follow payroll tax guidelines to make sure that these taxes are collected from the employee pay checks. The governing authority requires most businesses to withhold these taxes and submit with them.
Irrespective of the size of business, these calculations are time consuming, tough to calculate and any discrepancies may lead to penalties and punishment. That's where these easy use best restaurant payroll software help restaurant owners in calculating real time data on taxes and make sure that the taxes are submitted on time.
Managing their taxes, bank credit, and maintaining accounts are among the most daunting task for small business owners. Data proves that more and small business owners are opting for automation when it comes to payroll, finances, customer service and accounting.
The U.S. accounting services statistics establish that more than 75% of restaurant accounting tasks can be automated by using the best restaurant payroll software. While there is no data that shows that automatization can ever replace the actual restaurant accounting completely, however, with increasing digitalization more and more of this work will be done through software.
Restaurant AccountingRestaurant Accounting
Managing payroll can be a headache.
The time, the effort, and the stress of doing it all yourself.