What is best employee scheduling app ?
As the world has become more technologically advanced, it has also become more and more divided. A balanced workload and personal life are important whether you are an employee or a manager. And how to do that? The best answer is an app! There are tons of apps out there that can help you with employee scheduling, but not all of them are created equal. Here's a look at how some popular apps compare in terms of features and functionality.
Our Top 5 Best Employee Scheduling Apps For Small Businesses
How to Use Employee Scheduling Apps
There are many benefits to using employee scheduling apps. Here are some key features of these scheduling tools that can help your business-
- You can easily create and manage employee shifts.
- You can schedule employees in the future, which allows you to have a better understanding of employee availability at certain times.
- There is no need to hand out paperwork schedules per employee anymore, which saves you time and money and easier task management.
- Employee schedules make it easier for your employees to see when they are scheduled for breaks and lunch.
- It makes it easy for new employees to find work schedules when applying for different jobs.
- Employees are more likely to stay on schedule because they know what their daily routine looks like.
- Tracking software helps prevent hours being lost due to illness or other time constraints.
- With a shift scheduling software, it's easy to get a online employee head count before bringing staff in from the outside.
Top 5 Best Employee Scheduling Apps
There are many ways employee scheduling apps can help a small business. With changing needs of small businessesemployee scheduling apps can help business owners factor in multiple points to decide employee working hours for on-site and remote employees.
1. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is a time tracking and productivity software for employee scheduling. This management software helps individuals and organizations to be more productive in workforce management when working remotely.
- Improve the speed and effectiveness of communication in organizations
- Clearly organize, communicate and delegate their daily tasks
- Reduce time consuming activities like email, and other non-work related distractions
- Ensure employees use their time effectively
- Reduce time spent on everyday tasks, including commonly generated reports
Time Doctor offers a free 14-day trial that doesn't require a credit card. Paid plans start as low as $8/user per month.
G2- 4.4/5 (180+ reviews)
Capterra- 4.5/5 (330+ reviews)
Humanity is a user friendly employee scheduling software for day-to-day employee management processes. With Humanity, an organization can accurately create error-free, dynamic schedules for its staff as per location, department, position with real-time availability conflict checking.
- Integrate key business data to predict scheduling requirements and auto scheduling
- Automatic staff scheduling and communicate with employees
- Let employees manage their schedules and swap shifts via mobile apps
- Allow employees to request for open shifts that has not been assigned to anyone
- Limit employee overtime with time clock features
Paid plans available starting at $3.5/user per month. Limited free plans are available for all tiers.
G2- 4.3/5 (540+ reviews)
Capterra- 4.3/5 (270+ reviews)
WorkTime is another employee scheduling app dedicated for managing complex schedules. It also offers some employer-friendly features like an hours calculator.
- Easy shift entering for employees
- Schedule alerts to remind users when shift timings are coming up
- Excellent encryption levels for data security
- Multi-tier system to ensure the data is not lost
- Schedule sharing via Facebook, Twitter, or email
Free version for up to three employees. Paid plans start from $4.99/user per month.
G2- 4.5/5 (10+ reviews)
Capterra- 4.1/5 (60+ reviews)
4. When I Work
When I Work employee scheduling app offers friendly features for scheduling and a time clock app that lets you start tracking your employee's work within 10 minutes. Employees alert for shift changes can be sent via push notifications on the mobile app.
- Find out if an employee has seen their schedule.
- Shift and schedule templates for easy scheduling.
- Alerts for schedule conflict and schedule changes.
- Easy schedule editing from phone or desktop.
- Mobile device clock-in for employees.
Paid plans start at $2/user per month for basic scheduling and messaging features.
G2- 4.4/5 (200+ reviews)
Capterra- 4.5/5 (850+ reviews)
Sling simplifies employee scheduling by combining planning and absence management features to reduce no-shows. It's popularly used in the retail, healthcare and hospitality sectors for real time attendance.
- Time off management and shift swapping for employees.
- Create a recurring shift schedule with a schedule template.
- Unavailable' slots that show when an employee is unable to work.
- Easy team communication via shift reminders and built-in messaging feature.
- News feed feature that updates everyone about shift scheduling.
- Android and iOS apps available.
Sling offers a free plan with basic features. Its paid plans begin at $2/user per month.
G2- 4.2/5 (50+ reviews)
Capterra- 4.6/5 (70+ reviews)
Best FreeTime Clock
Manage your time with these apps.
You have too much to do, but you’re not sure how to prioritize your tasks.
Businesses That Benefit from Scheduling Apps
In the past years, the workplace has become more flexible in terms of working conditions. With the COVID pandemic enforcing the new normal for employees, more employers are allowing work from home and flexible working hours for their employees. In such a situation, workforce scheduling and work hours become even more important with which comes the utility of employee scheduling apps.
Here's a list of major businesses that benefit from scheduling apps-
Bars and Restaurants- With scheduling apps, bars and restaurants can track their staff's ever-changing schedule and availability. It's also helpful for customers for online reservations to help beat long waits.
Retail- From streamlining shipping, receiving, and managing workers in the field, scheduling apps have proved to be the game-changer for the retail sector.
Healthcare- The healthcare sector is harnessing the power of automation to better manage their hectic schedules, reducing burnout and employee turnover. It's also used for the convenience of the patients.
Education- Scheduling apps are vital for every industry. In the education sector, scheduling automation is helpful for managing office hours, labs, library reservations, and much more for students and teachers.
Event Planners- Event planners need to take care of several different schedules leading up to the big day. Online scheduling tools help planners track and manage their staff members.
How these apps can help your business
There are many ways in which employee scheduling apps can help small businesses. With a scheduling tool, you can easily create and manage shifts. Employees can be scheduled for future events, allowing you to have a better understanding of who will be around at certain times. There is no need to hand out paperwork schedules anymore, saving your time and money. It becomes easier for employees to see when they are scheduled for breaks and lunch.
It's easier for new employees to find work schedules when applying for different jobs. Employees are more likely to stay on schedule because they know what their daily routine looks like. It helps prevent hours from being lost due to illness or other time constraints. With a shift app, it's easy to get a headcount before bringing staff in from the outside.
A good scheduling app can save your significant time in planning. It is also vital to maintain clear communication with employees. Scheduling tool also reduces unnecessary overlaps in the process and enhances productivity. So, in order to take care of your scheduling needs as well as time management, monitoring, and invoicing needs, scheduling app is always a handy tool for effective management.
Can you believe that there are only 5 days left in the month?
You’re running out of time to get everything done.